Monday, February 18, 2013

Computer on the Fritz..Matthew dies...so tortured I awake at 3a

Ok, I have to go to PBS.org and see what I missed because when I got to my tv at 9:07 there was already a lot going on!  I did see from then on though, new baby, a boy!  Matthew dying a happy man...I think the new M.O. on DA is bring one, kill one.  But, because I have been researching I was at least prepared for Matthew in a way I wasn't for Sybil.

So I have a new laptop and I have to get used to and sketchy internet.  I will be back later so  I can really go through this.  Sorry Fran!  I knew you were chomping at the bit.  I know others are here too...reveal yourselves!! :)

Points: 

I have been wondering if Dr. Clarkson had a thing for Mrs. Crawley and now that she no longer has Matthew who knows how she will mull over that relationship, her usual "stiff upper lip" may actually be affected here.  Hmm......

Poor Mary....

Poor Lord Grantham...

Poor Cora....

Poor Tom.  He had a real friend in Matthew and when he cried over Sybil last night, I thought my heart would break.  Edna, good try, but all of us watching knew it wouldn't have been love.  I am glad they sent her packing.

BUT!  What about Rose, who upon closer examination is a really character.  Her mother, the bluebird she is!  Jeez Louise! 

Ironically, I am also reading Fall Of Giants by Ken Follatt and there are many parallels at the moment to DA.  One of the women is very much like Susan, it was an interesting thing to witness.

But now, am I mistaken, isn't Mary the official heir?  And now unnamed baby boy?

Ok...Thomas...how is it I am liking him more and more and Jimmy less and less?  Big of Jimmy to be his friend but why would you run and let someone take the beating for you?

Mrs.Pattmore dodged a bullet, didn't she? 

Mrs. Hughes remains my heroine.  Mrs.  Carson kills me.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I was yelling at the TV at the end of the show last night. I knew that Dan Stevens wanted to leave the show, but...BOOOOOOO!!!!!

    Now we will see Mary go into full "I'm in charge here" mode; Edith shock her family even more by being the editor's paramour; Thomas becoming a bit more human; not sure if that's possible for O'Brien; Tom will play a larger role in running the estate; Rose will be a handful; Mrs. Hughes is my heroine too; Mrs. Patmore escaped that creep, and her reaction to his shenanigans cracked me up; Carson - well, what can you say about Carson, except that he is such a wonderfully rich character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having a difficult time processing all of these events!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell asleep for part of it, and missed how/why Thomas got beat up!

    Like you, I was not as shocked over Matthew, but still shocked, if that makes sense. I feel awful for Mary, oh my.

    On the other hand, I think they kind of jumped the shark a bit with that one.

    I'm back but about to head to bead, exhausted. Sorry for my disjointed and rambling comment!

    ReplyDelete