Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Granny, Granny, Granny!

Okay!  So please accept my sincerest apologies for taking so long to blog on this very interesting episode.  I left my power cord for my computer at the place where I conducted a Confirmation retreat on


 Sunday and had to get it from the EKG dept of the local medical facility yesterday.  Thus...I was powerless!  Get it?? haah!

So for the three people that read this blog, this is my reaction to Sunday's episode:

Favorite moment: Hard to choose, could be Spratt and his desire to resemble an old bitty at all costs or Mrs. Crawley when she was able to tease Granny about her suitor!  That was hilarious!  My kids were roaring because they so enjoy their relationship.

So, You have my whole life planned do you?
Most uncomfortable moment:  Probably when LG was trying to tell Mary that their life was now sealed.  See, this is what bothers me and was a good talking point with my teens.  So, here they are after a week of frolicking and she comes away like "well, it's ok...I mean better than nothing....I guess" (I am not even convinced she felt that) and he is all, "AHAH! Sucka!  What's ya gonna do now??? You have to marry me!!"  For this reason, I no longer like LG.  And I want to smack Mary but in fairness, she is young and vital so I only want to kind of sorta smack her.

Shared moment between Tom and Mary was lovely. Tom must stay and Miss Bunting must shove off.  Not a fan. She needs to have some filter. I am all for opinions, God knows that is what this whole blog is about, but really!  Sensitivity goes a long way! I was horrified at her conduct and once again smitten by our Rose.  Who, though daffy, would really never want to hurt anyone. "Her Russians" (as Robert and Cora calls them) give a wonderful peak into repercussions of the revolution )which by the way my kids are well versed in and thusly end up arguing points as they are being spoken.  Here's me: Um...shhhhh!)

Daisy:  WE are so excited for her and just love that Mrs. Hughes and Mrs, Pattmore are supporting her. But Mr. Carson! OY!

Bates is going to get caught and I can't help but wonder if the old Ladies Maid (I can't think of her name) is going to be the witness. Who is the witness???  Poor Anna.

Barrow heads out! Who wants to guess where he is going?  Is he looking for James? Is he looking for new employment?  What is up??  I love that he can't manipulate Baxter anymore and I think that was the final straw for him.  Baxter in the meantime basically said what I would have guessed.  But does anyone else feel like there is even more or that the person is going to show up or that another shoe will drop with her?  Something is unsettled there. Not sure what.  But Cora, I thought was her generous self and I believe that she is smart putting her trust in Baxter.

Ok, so the whole Cora and Robert debacle!  Can I punch Robert?  Is it possible for him to be any more of a baby?  I was proud of Cora for standing up for herself. And I loved hearing her history!  It sounded so interesting.  "Please forgive me for bragging!"  haha  But he is a little dangerous. She is so gracious.

I think what was neat in this episode is that all of the women had a pulse instead of living in convention.  It was nice and I especially like the bond between Mary and Granny, there is something very sweet there.

But I have to finish this post with Edith because this whole thing is really breaking my heart.  I am not sure what is going to happen but no good will come of it.  She is not a horrible person and I am so sad that all of this is happening to her because she as Anna said, "has so little love coming to her" anyway.  I am paraphrasing but even the servants feel bad for her.

Okay, I think that covers it,  please comment, I am lonely.


2 comments:

  1. As always, Annette, I thoroughly enjoy hangin' in the abbey with you!This was an interesting episode (aren't they all) with Cora getting a chance to shine. I saw what was going to happen and was not surprised at Robert's reaction. Of course he was disappointed that his surprise didn't work out, but...He and Cora will be alright, but there may be a few more bumps.
    Mary and Tony? Yeah...NO. Never felt it was right for her. She wants to find what she had with Matthew and he is not it. Glad she knows that. However, I was not happy with her asking Anna to get her birth control and can see that coming back at Anna. I have no doubt that Bates is guilty. This could get ugly for him again.
    And, I completely agree about Miss Bunting. She is NOT good for our Tom, who simply must stay with the family!
    Edith...breaks my heart and drives me crazy at the same time.
    I could go on and on, but you get the gist. Thanks for sharing our mutual addiction to the Abbey!!!

    ReplyDelete