Monday, January 12, 2015

DA s5e2 Torn Between Two Lovers

So there was a moment when Jimmy said goodbye to Mr. Barrow where both my eldest and I felt that their story was not over.  I have the distinct feeling that Jimmy and Barrow had some sparks that were genuine.  Moreover, I was thinking that would be a good thing for Barrow.  Jimmy is just randy he doesn't know what is what, but Barrow knows who he is and he has shown real affection and actual friendship toward Jimmy.  I think I would just caution Barrow because Pretty Boy is not going to commit any time soon to someone with no money.


Anyway, in the meantime, Lord Gillingham is kind of annoying me.  I don't know why.  Perhaps because he is endangering Mary's name in some way.  But, my daughter reminded me that it was the 20's and she was a widow so maybe I am just being a little Carson-esque.  But, you know, I just think if you are going to take that step and jump that chasm than don't send your pure hearted albeit married Ladies Maid to do your dirty work! And Blake talking about sex!  Please, you aren't in America! (But I couldn't help but hear Dan Ackroyd in the back of my mind, "Mary, You ignorant s**t.")

Speaking of Anna, I love her.  And I stand by my lack of trust for Bates.  I wonder who the witness was and why it took a year to come forward.  I bet Barrow has something to do with this.  Somehow, just as he has something to do with the unanswered questions of Baxter's.  ERGH!  I want to like him (Barrow), and I do, but mostly because I like to look at him.  If he were ugly he'd be done in my eyes long ago.  Sad state of affairs!

So this whole Tom and Miss Bunting thing reminds me of Tom and Sybil in that Miss Bunting is now playing the part of Tom.  I like the character but not for Handsome Branson. I am not sure anyone will ever be good enough after our Sybil.  :(  But stop trying to lure him away from the bighouse!

Edith is brutal.  That is all. Oh wait, and the poor wife of that man.

Robert and Carson are hilarious.  It's like they try to see who can out-prude the next. But Rose and her "wireless" was really fun to watch. Standing for the King's speech.

Cora and that man, one of my favorite scenes: "Tell him to stop flirting with my dog!"  Or Carson to Mrs. Hughes, "I don't like it when we don't agree." Mrs. Hughes, "We are different people Mr. Carson and we won't always agree."  At some point Carson needs to grow up a little He gets so petulant.


Did I forget something?

No comments:

Post a Comment