Sunday, January 5, 2014

Episode One Season 4: Oh What A Beautiful Mourning!

"Why are you crying, you're the one I like!"
 


It is hard to process how much I wanted to jump through the screen at Nanny West when she abused our little Sibby!  But I should back up a bit because even though I am not a fan of Thomas Barrow, I was pretty put out by the way she was treating him.  When he used his usual underhanded skill of exposing her, I thought, GOOD!  But, I am pretty sure that he had no real idea of just how mean she was?  Or did he?  Was it the egg incident?  I wonder if he put two and two together?  So, there he was in MY good graces when he decides to help one of my least favorite characters; Miss Baithwaite...or as I like to call her, Miss Breathlessly chasing my BRANSON!  (I never called her that, I am just looking for a segway) because CORA in a "rocks for brains" moment allows her back into the household!  What??  Can someone work with me here?  Since when does Cora not listen to Mrs. Hughes advice about the servants?

Okay, I need to take a moment to compose myself.

Hi, it's me, Cora, and I just don't think on some episodes. Bear with me, I smile while my household falls apart, but on occasion, I may surprise you, because after all, I am American. ('Merica!)


 
 Mrs. Hughes remains the heroine in my eyes. She continues to be the wise and kindly matriarch.  How do I break it to Cora? 
 
 

Here is the thing, Mary, we all get it.  We have all been mourning the loss of Matthew for several months, it was a shock to us too!  We get it.  But you have a BABY who has a mean Nanny and a whole lot of land and money and you need to wake up! You are such a drama queen! No wonder your father treats you so ridiculously! 

"Poor baby, he's an orphan."  For the record right before Anna said, "He isn't an orphan, your ladyship, he has a mother." My ten year old, (yes, Mary, ten!) said, "No he isn't, he has a mother!"

When it comes to licking wounds Mary is a real master.  It really challenges my sympathy. But I was proud of her when she moved to purple. (Does anyone else remember the first episode when she was whining about wearing mourning clothes?  Interesting turn of events!)

I realize that Carson may have overstepped but you were just plain wrong to be so uppity with him...good recovery in the second hour though.   I would not have been happy if you dissed our Carson because he spoke the truth.  So think about what you have done as you stare out that window.



 
 
 


Just as an aside, and maybe because he is Irish and he is Branson, but why was he the only man who understood that Mary was gone too far?  Granny, Mrs. Hughes, Anna, even that nasty Nanny West (henceforth we shant speak her name!!) recognized it was time, can Robert get over the whole "women as lilies" thing?  He is so ridiculous and so transparent.




Now this whole Matthew not leaving a will thing did not sit well with me.  It was  inconsistent with his character.  I know it is a drama and that was part of the tension but it was just plain unbelievable.  Especially since he was the Lord of the Manor because of an inheritance!  He was the one who hated the legality of it but he would not have married her and then thrown caution to the wind.  I just don't believe it.

There were several things that just didn't sit right with me but I have to ruminate on them.  There was so much to process and I was so bothered by so many people!  Ugh! Can't you behave???  Edith's beau....COMON!  Germany???? UGH!!! 

Ok,  I will leave that to tomorrow, along with someone messing with my Anna!!  She is going to try to mess with my Branson too, I can tell!

That is all for now.  But check back in cause I need to take a swat at Jimmy too!

More about Granny, Isabella, Daisy and Ivy...and ugh...Alfred.

No comments:

Post a Comment