Thursday, February 19, 2015

Forgive My Absence

Blame anything and everything but not me.  Please not me.  Oh, that sounds like Edith!

Well so here we are and I have 2 episodes to cover, is that right?

Okay, I am going to start with how annoyed I am with Mary reverting back to her nasty Maryiness.  Don't get me wrong, I love Mary but she has such a single-minded way at times that I find it inexcusable!  For example with Granny.  Granny has a moment of sentimentality, a moment of honest heart and Mary shames her for it??  Or Edith, for heaven sakes the women "lover" died!! Can she not show an ounce of compassion?  Or for Lord G's feelings!  Or for his former fiance's feelings? Even Anna, who has the patience of Job with her couldn't keep herself quiet during one of these moments.  This is not the Mary I like, nor is it the Mary I root for!  I think Charles Blake needs to break her of this and I think he can!  GO CHARLES!

Next annoying person; Mr. Bates.  I can not stand him and his sanctimonious stance. Do not be fooled by some one who looks for every opportunity to play the "misunderstood" or the victim.  To not believe our Anna....OUR ANNA...the lying snake that he is and I mean it, I think he is.  But to take her to task because YOU are untrustworthy and therefore everyone else must be really takes kahoonas!!  Anyway, he made Anna cry and now she is worried that they can't have kids and now she is going to want Marigold because nothing can be easy in Edith's world. (Wow! Guess I have been holding that in!)

And Edith.....OY!  But the troubles you make.  Go steal a child and run away.  But hide in an open place....(I would like to add here that my hero this season is Cora) so that everyone will find you. Ugh. I feel for her, I do, but UGH!  How much energy it must take to not come clean.

Cora.....she is acting the true Matriarch.  I am so impressed with her calm in the storm and perpetual class that I take back whatever I said before.  She is a true Mama bear ("Would you like to discuss this now in front of your new staff?? ba bam!)  Always compassionate and motherly, ("Lay her down beside me and then she will be surrounded by love") and always kind.

Someone had to die, I guess it will be Isis....was anyone else in tears, we were.  Robert broke my heart.

Tom cannot leave.  He cannot and I won't even discuss it. But I love that he said, "No, she had to go" about Miss Bunting...so he did get my letter after all!

Daisy needs a new dresser cause that peachy orange does not become her but I did like the little party that went to her former father in law.  Very sweet.  I hear wedding bells.

Speaking of wedding bells how about that proposal from Mr. Carson to Mrs. Hughes....he can't picture retirement without her.  Sweet.

Barrow seems on the mend and has found a touch of humility, that is always good.  I am glad that Baxter is a good person, she may make something of him yet.  Another teachable moment in our house, you cannot change what God intended you to be.  That whole thing made me very sad.  I think it tapped his self-loathing and his loneliness very well.

Oh, and Lord Merton and Isobell and I am ready to pummel those bums of sons of his.  I do like the feeling at the table that everyone was going to defend Isobell.

AND ROSE!  I love the name Atticus and he is so cute.  Marriage, marriage everywhere!!
 So much left out??

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Except what about poor Edith? Can you not see that she is successful one in many ways. She will be running a business, after all. She claimed her daughter and is breaking barriers! Hooray for Edith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I appreciate what you are saying, Anonymous, I am decidedly not giving her a hurrah and here is why.

    When she met Greigson (sp>) she was on the road to breaking those barriers and I did applaud her (though in a teasing way) I was proud of her and I was hoping for all of that but then....well...she is Edith.She is so desperate for attention but so unsure of what to do when she has it. She is a good girl but then she is just annoying. At this point, she is so obsessed with her motherhood (and I don't hold that against her...anyone would be) but she has vacillated and let others run her life because in her words, "would I be welcome in any drawing rooms?" Her main concern has always been herself. No regard to the people who have tried to help her correct her mistake (and it was a mistake to trust a married man). She has uprooted Marigold now twice and broken the hearts of two foster mothers and upset what will be three families because she didn't take that opportunity of breaking the barrier. In her adolescent mindset (You know the "I want! I want! I don't care what happens! I want!" one), she almost burned down the house! She has kept this secret from her mother and then treated her poorly when she wanted to help. She acts like a big baby not a mother. The farmers wife was the adult because by telling Cora she allowed for at least the opportunity for Edith to come clean. Which, once again she hasn't. I'm sorry but all of these gyrations are to secure her permanent place in the family and in society. A place that she put in jeopardy when she didn't listen to her Aunt who warned her of what would happen and it did. So, no I am not proud of Edith. I am disappointed in her because she has a great character normally and I would have been happy to see her have some strength of it.

    Aren't you glad you asked Anon? lol

    I am!!

    ReplyDelete