Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Downton Abbey or Superbowl?

It was really no question, ever, but even less so as the Bronco's were being unapologetically spanked by the Seahawks, whether or not I would watch Downton Abbey on Superbowl Sunday. Downton is always my team.

So, where do we stand now?  Hmmm....Edith is pregnant which was a shock only to her.  But what can he mean by knocking her up and running off?  There is so much more to this whole thing...he is a scoundrel but of what stripe, I don't know.  And I would say, "Oh, poor Edith!" but she had no problem at the time of conception so she shouldn't now.  I am just a little disappointed in her foolishness when she was showing promise at being a person of real character.  This behavior has reduced her yet again...simply because she is smarter than that and her gratification is all wrapped up in being flattered (He loves me!!).  It showed itself again, you know, the petty jealousy that really is not becoming,  when she told Robert after he tried to console her by calling her, "his most darling girl"..."but, that's just it, isn't it? I am not your most darling girl..." OY!  Grow up Edith!!  I am not my mother or fathers favorite either but I have come to terms with it!  ;)

Next up!  Anna and Bates:  love the scene where Cora puts the Maître D in his place.  Too funny. (I love when Cora shows her American side and yes, that was very American.)  But I am so glad that they are a little more in sync and a little annoyed that Bates is making this more about him.  "You married a brooder...," hmmm?  Wonder why she didn't want you to know?  I feel like in some ways it is now harder on Anna...and I have a feeling that next week will be a biggie.  Still not  a fan of Bates.


Mary and Tom.  Ok, a friend of mine wants them to get together cause it would solve all the problems in the Abbey, (and I agree on some level).  I just don't see it happening and I just don't want it to happen.  They are more like brother and sister.  But then my daughters agreed and one suggested a "domestic partnership" to which I say, heaven forbid!  They need to know that real love, like the love they talked about in the scene with Isabella, (the one that so many of us can relate to...and thus my favorite scene of the night) can happen again.  No, not the same, but love in a different form can happen again.  They are both so young, I wouldn't want either of them to throw in the towel on that.  But, I do not see it with each other, I just don't see them romantically involved...I think their relationship should stay a unique blend of familial affection, sympathy, duty and friendship.  I think that makes it more interesting. 

Rose.  Oh Rose....she is adorable and that man is a good match for her.  She is full of life and I have no problem with her living it up a little because as we can tell she is the only one who ends up not being judgmental or angry.  However, having said that...I hope he is a good man. 

Downton is changing....I hope Carson can handle it.

Goodbye for now Alfred...as I think he will be back and back for Daisy.  He will see that she is the one who has quality.  Ivy got what is coming in more ways than one and I think Jimmy is going to find he cares more about Ivy than he realized.  The playboy may be growing up.



I am, thank you.

In the meantime, it is hard to know who is a bigger snob; Carson or Robert. 


Another great moment.

The best line of the night:  "I believe that is game, set and match for her Ladyship, Mrs. Crawley." said by the Dr.  Funny!  So, will they get together?  I also am a little disturbed at Granny getting sick but we are assured that she is not dying this season...everyone is officially locked into a two year contract.  Thank God...cause I am not ready for her to go.  I love her character so much.




I wonder what that whole uncle in America thing is about?

And the whole Baxter/Thomas thing.  Oh, and let's not forget Mosley....

Ok, that is it for now.  Let me know what I missed as I feel like I missed something big. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment